Wednesday

My Green Lynx Spider

Its been a wonderful autumn so far. My Green Lynx spider is growing up pretty big, I consider it a she as far as I know because she has changed her thorax color to a duller color since she moved to the top of the rose bush. Female green lynxs lynses lynxi, whatever the plural is, can change their color to match their surroundings over a course of 10 days. October is the main month where they will crate their large brown egg sacs. She hasn’t made one yet, but I have notices as she has grown that her thorax is getting wider this month. I have not seen another green lynx so I don’t know if she has mated or not. her thorax size might just be normal, spiders tend not to get fat. I am not sure how long they usually live but she used to be a little less than an inch including legs, now she is twice the size. I have managed to get some beautiful pictures of her. Smile I am currently searching for a new plant to transfer her too because I am moving shortly after Halloween and since she is living on a rose bush, she has a high chance of being killed by someone who is unaware that they are harmless beneficial spiders. However, they look poisonous, so many people suspect that they are and kill them on sight Sad smile

No comments: